What to Expect:
We know your time is valuable which is why your entire 30 or 60 minutes session is spent one-on-one with your physiotherapist. We do not divide your time with others clients as we believe the best care comes with specialized focused attention on you.
Your first visit
- Initial consultations (For new patients or return patients with new injuries) are 45 minutes long. We’ll talk with you about your history and ask you questions relating to your injury or problem including what your symptoms are and what makes you feel better and worse. We’ll ask about previous injuries, other current or past medical conditions, as well as your daily activities such as work, sports and hobbies in order to determine factors contributing to your problem.
- We’ll then do a physical assessment and biomechanical exam to assess your movement and problem areas. Along with your history, this will help us determine the cause of your pain and dysfunction and how to treat it most effectively and efficiently.
- We’ll discuss our findings with you and set up a treatment plan.
- Subsequent visits can be 30 or 60 minutes in length. Your therapist will recommend how many treatments are necessary depending on your injury or problem.
- Your session may involve various forms of treatment which will be decided based on your individual needs. Find out more about the types of treatment we provide
What to bring
- Any test results or specialist reports you have.
- If you are using Health insurance to pay for your treatment then please bring your membership number and pre-authorisation number with you. If you require the clinics provider number then please contact us.
- Shorts – if you forget them, we have some you can borrow.
- Ladies, please wear a regular bra or a bra that does not cover your spine.
- Footwear that may contribute to your symptoms and/or orthotics that you are currently using for support.
- Ideally, it’s best to not bring children to your appointment so you can fully focus on your session.